Privacy Notice for Recruitment Purposes (employees, workers and self-employed valeters)
EVS Valeting Limited (“EVS”) is responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you. You are being provided with a copy of this privacy notice because you are interested in working with us, whether as an employee, worker or a self-employed valeter. It makes you aware of how and why your personal data will be used, namely for the purposes of the recruitment exercise, and how long it will usually be retained for. It provides you with certain information that must be provided under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
2. Data Protection Principles
- We will comply with data protection law. This says that the personal information we hold about you must be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
- Kept securely.
3. The kind of information we hold about you
In connection with your request to work for us, or to provide services, we will collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information about you:
- • any information you have set out on any job listing website, including name, title, address, telephone number, personal email address, date of birth, gender, employment history, or qualifications;
- any information provided by internal sources, such as referrals from other valeters working for or engaged by EVS;
- any information you provide to demonstrate that you are entitled to work in the UK, including your driving licence, passport, National Insurance number and UTR (unique tax reference);
- any other information you provide to us during an interview, whether by telephone or in person.
We may also collect, store and use the following “special categories” of more sensitive personal information:
- Information about your health, including any medical condition, health and sickness records.
- Information about any motoring offences or endorsements on your driving licence.
4. How is your personal information collected?
Much of the information we hold will have been provided by you.
However, some may come from other internal sources, such as referrals from other valeters working for or engaged by EVS. In other cases information may come from external sources, such as job listing websites, your referees, or background check providers.
5. How your information will be used
EVS needs to keep and process information about you for normal engagement purposes, whether on an employed, worker or self-employed basis. The information we hold and process will be used for our management and administrative use only, to assess your skills, qualifications and suitability for the work.
We will keep and use it to enable us to run the business and manage our relationship with you effectively, lawfully and appropriately during the recruitment process. This includes using information to enable us to comply with any legal requirements, pursue the legitimate interests of EVS and protect our legal position in the event of legal proceedings.
It is in our legitimate interests to decide whether to appoint you to a role working for, or working with, EVS. We also need to process your personal information to decide whether to enter into a contract with you.
6. If you fail to provide personal information
If you fail to provide information when requested, which is necessary for us to consider your application (such as evidence of qualifications or work history) we will not be able to process your request to work for, or work with, EVS successfully. For example, if we require references for the role and you fail to provide us with relevant details, we will not be able take matters further.
7. How we use particularly sensitive information
We will use your particularly sensitive personal information in the following ways:
- If we are provided with such information, we will use information about your disability status to consider whether we need to provide appropriate adjustments during the recruitment process, for example during any interview.
- We will use information about your race or national or ethnic origin, religious, philosophical or moral beliefs, or your sexual life or sexual orientation, to ensure meaningful equal opportunity monitoring and reporting.
8. Information about criminal convictions
We do not envisage that we will process information about criminal convictions other than in relation to motoring offences or endorsements on your driving licence.
9. Automated decision-making
You will not be subject to decisions that will have a significant impact on you based solely on automated decision-making.
10. Data sharing
Why might you share my personal information with third parties?
We do not anticipate sharing your personal information with third parties for the purposes of processing your request to work for EVS or provide services on a self-employed basis.
All our third-party service providers are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with our policies. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
11. Data security
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need-to-know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. Details of these measures may be obtained from the Data Privacy Manager.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
12. Data Retention
How long will you use my information for?
We will retain your personal information for a period of 6 months after we have communicated to you our decision about whether to appoint you to work for, or work with, EVS. We retain your personal information for that period so that we can show, in the event of a legal claim, that we have not discriminated against candidates on prohibited grounds and that we have conducted the recruitment exercise in a fair and transparent way. After this period, we will securely destroy your personal information in accordance with our data retention policy.
If we wish to retain your personal information on file, on the basis that a further opportunity may arise in future and we may wish to consider you for that, we will write to you separately, seeking your explicit consent to retain your personal information for a fixed period on that basis.
13. Rights of access, correction, erasure and restriction
Your rights in connection with personal information
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact the Data Privacy Manager in writing.
14. Right to withdraw consent
When you contacted EVS to work for us or provide services on a self-employed basis, you provided consent on to us processing your personal information for the purposes of the recruitment exercise. You have the right to withdraw your consent for processing for that purpose at any time. To withdraw your consent, please contact the Data Privacy Manager. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your application and, subject to our retention policy, we will dispose of your personal data securely.
15. Data Privacy Manager
We have appointed a Data Privacy Manager to oversee compliance with this privacy notice. If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal information, please contact the Data Privacy Manager.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO so please contact us in the first instance.
16. Identity and contact details of Controller and Data Privacy Manager
EVS Valeting Limited is the controller and processor of data for the purposes of the DPA 18 and GDPR.
If you have any concerns as to how your data is processed you can contact:
Mrs Valerie Manning, Data Privacy Manager
Address: EVS Valeting Limited, Brent Corner, Burton Row, Brent Knoll, Somerset TA9 4BN
Telephone: 01278 760 200